Friday, December 01, 2006

A Moment to Post

I have so enjoyed reading about everyone's Thankgsiving experiences and Christmas preparations. I feel bad that I have not posted in so long.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well. The day before, I made sugar cookies cut out in the shape of turkeys. It was fun decorating them in all colors for the kids to enjoy. Thankgsiving morning I made Pistachio Salad (also called Watergate Salad) and Ambrosia to take to the Thanksgiving Feast, which took place at my parent's house. We went before mealtime so I could prepare my green bean dish and help my mom finish up the other sides. It was a delicious meal, as always. My mom tried a new stuffing recipe this year - it was a sausage stuffing and it was amazing! Her stuffing has always been delicious, but she would spend so many hours in the kitchen preparing it, and though I've enjoyed it every year, she hasn't been as pleased with it the past few years. This new recipe is far easier for her to make, though you'd never know it by how it tastes. It's wonderful! Of course, one of the greatest aspects to Thanksgiving day at my parents' is watching the kids play with their cousins. They have so much fun each time they are together.

The weekend following Thanksgiving we jumped right into Christmas mode. I decorated some on Friday and then that evening the boys helped their daddy sort all of the tree branches and then they somewhat helped us shape them to assemble the tree. Then Bill put the lights on the tree, with a little help from Alex. The kids were so excited to see the tree all lit up! But by this point, it was late and past time for the kids to go to bed. So we let them hang their new ornaments before taking them up for bed. Bill and I then hung all of the ornaments that we do not let the kids hang, leaving plenty of room on the lower branches for the kids to hang the remainder of their ornaments, which they did Saturday night. With the help of Celeste's husband Brian, Bill put up the icicle lights high up on the house Saturday morning before we headed out for my nephew's birthday party across town; he completed the outside lights and decorations on Sunday afternoon. So after a very busy weekend, we were able to finish most all of our Christmas decorating, though I still have my garland to hang over the front door, Christmas wreath to hang, and Christmas mugs to pull out. But for the most part, we're done. I wish I could say the same about my Christmas shopping! Thankfully, even that is nearing completion. Then we can sit back and enjoy everything as we get ready to celebrate the birth of our Savior on Christmas Day.

I plan to post some pictures from Thanksgiving Day and of Christmas decorating, but I'm afraid if I take the time to try and select pictures and upload them now, I'll never finish this post. So pictures to come!

No comments: