Wednesday, January 31, 2007

All I Want for Christmas...

Yes, I said "Christmas". I've been meaning to post this for awhile now. It's amazing how quickly time gets away from me!

Not too long after Christmas, Amy finally grew in her two front teeth. She is so cute with these huge (for her little mouth), slightly crooked front teeth. She's been fussing a lot lately and I believe she may have another one coming in right along side the top two. I can't tell if anything is coming in (or has already come in) the bottom or not. When she smiles, you can't see the lower gums and she won't let you use your fingers to check. So I guess someday we'll luck out and catch a view of those lower gums and may be surprised to see a whole row of lovely white teeth.




Amy changes so much, almost on a daily basis it seems. She can say just about anything, and not always as an echo of what she's just heard. Her vocabulary is amazing. Right off the top of my head, she can say the following: Mommy, Daddy, Alex, Nathan, Paw-Paw, Granny, baby, puppy, kitty, water, bye-bye, hi, hello, yes (more like yeah), no, mine, night-night, jacket, ball, eat, teeth, hold me, help me, thank you, more, nurse, there-it-is, here-you-go, and Caillou. That covers the majority of her regularly used words. I'm sure there are other words I've heard her say, but I can't think of any right now. We are in constant amazement at all of the words coming out of her mouth. She learns a lot from her brothers. I especially notice similarities between her and Nathan. She mimics Nathan quite a bit, perhaps because her personality is a lot like his. They both seem to feel the need to constantly entertain, whether by acting silly or teasing/aggravating others to get a response. With Nathan and Amy, you never know what's going to happen next!

Oh, and as you can see in the pictures, Amy's hair has reached a length that I can now pull it up. She looks so cute with her little pigtails!




3 comments:

Crafty Mom said...

So nice to see your back. I was beginning to wonder. Amy looks soooooo much like her brothers in that last picture. It is astonishing!! Aren't little girls so much fun?

Crafty Mom said...

I meant so nice to see you are back...not your literal back. OOPS. By the way, dancing with the stars was awesome. If you get the chance go see it.

Celeste Creates said...

I LOVE the pigtails!