Friday, March 07, 2008

A stomach bug?

That's what we're still trying to decide this morning. Amy woke yesterday morning and threw up several times. I immediately put her on the couch and covered her with a blanket, declaring to all that this was now the "sick" couch and this was the "sick" blanket, both of which were to be avoided by all but Amy. I take all precautions I can, but of course, with a stomach bug everyone usually gets it anyway.

As sick as the poor little thing was in the morning, after some lemon-lime Gatorade (thanks, Celeste!) Amy began to perk up. By 12:30 pm she informed me that she was hungry, so I began giving her oyster crackers. Not only did she keep them all down, but she downed over half of the large container of Gatorade and ate almost as many waffles for dinner as I did - plus half a banana! And other than a restless night's sleep (probably from over-eating), she didn't have anymore incidents. She's been actively playing all morning. So maybe it wasn't a stomach bug afterall? Whatever it was, I hope it's over and that we see no more of it for quite some time!

No comments: