Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Times are Changing

It's hard to believe that in just a few weeks, we will no longer be living in this house; it is all I've known since Bill and I started our little family. We've brought each of our children home from the hospital to this house. I thought last night about Christmas mornings, where they parade down the stairs and their little eyes light up as they come to the landing halfway down the staircase and are suddenly able to see into the den at the lit up Christmas tree and all of the goodies that Santa had left for them. I think about all of the birthday parties we've had in our backyard, especially over the last couple of years since Bill completed our deck. I think about the playset that my dad and Bill put together as quickly as they could before Alex's 2nd birthday. I think about when we built our garden box in the backyard and planted our seeds. I think about all of the times that the kids have awoken during the night, and we'd hear the pitter patter of their little feet coming down the hall towards our room. I think of my sweet little birds who make a nest of my hanging geranium year after year and how much I love to look out at them while I stand at the kitchen window. I think of all of the lovely updates we've done to the house, both inside and out. And most of all, I think about good friends and neighbors who live so close by and how wonderful and convenient it is to be able to get together at the last minute and to borrow needed recipe ingredients (or cake boards ;) ).

It has been a sad experience selling our house. But the time had come and we look forward to the next phase of our lives. We will still regularly see our friends and of course, we will make new friends within our new neighborhood. And just as we have done with this one, we will form wonderful memories in our new home. There will be birthday parties, get-togethers, a playset, a garden, etc. in the new house just like in our current one.

And speaking of our new home, if all goes well with the inspection today, here it is:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like a nice house. when you get moved in take more pictures. bring them with you when you come up in a couple weeks. dad