Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Indoor Sprinklers

My children asked me today if they could play outside in the sprinkler. I wanted to say yes because I know how tired they are of being stuck inside, and it's really too hot to play outside. But I would have to supervise them, and I just have so much to do inside right now. So I responded to their requests with, "No, not today."

While I was on the phone a short while later, Alex and Nathan came running into the kitchen to fill their cups with water. And then, as they were running back out, they stated something like, "We're going to be sprinklers." I did not make the connection until a few minutes later when I walked into the den and felt the wet carpet. Each of the kids had straws hanging out of their mouths. They were filling their mouths with water, and then as they would spin around in circles, they'd spit the water back out through the straw. Gross, I know. But it was quite ingenious. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got the house. what the boys did with the sprinklers sounds like something their dad would do when he was thier age. see you in a few days dad