Monday, June 30, 2008

We're Moved In

This was my family's first real move... and I don't think I ever want to do it again! It's been quite an experience! We finalized our move-in on a Wednesday evening, having brought the remainder of our stuff from the old house and cleaned it all up for the new owners. We closed on that house the next day. We then left on a family trip to Ohio and Tennessee that following Saturday. Talk about a whirlwind of a week! Needless to say, when we returned from our trip late last Thursday night (almost 2 weeks later), the house was just as we'd left it - boxes and stuff EVERYWHERE. We managed to put some of it away, but you can no longer tell since yesterday, Bill and Brian emptied our storage unit into our sunroom. We're back to boxes everywhere. I'm trying to figure out where in the world I'm going to put all of it! I think the thing to remember is that for the last 4 months, I have lived without all of that stuff.... Perhaps I don't need most of it?

I'll post pictures from our trip and the move soon... I just wanted to let everyone know that My Family Zoo is still here, and if ever that title was the perfect description of my life, it's right now!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I don't ever care to move again. My husband moved so much when we were first married and having our children. I'm glad to be very settled in now.
I'm glad your move is over. Good luck getting unpacked...that can take a while!

andria said...

Have ya'll gotten all settled in?