Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Nathan!!!

My little boy turned 5 today...

Nathan, you have grown so much. You're excitement and enthusiasm in everything you do brings joy to all around you. I love you're beautiful smile and the sparkle of your eyes. I can't believe you are 5 now. But then again, you've been doing big boy things for a long time, always wanting to do what growns ups can do. And you are just like your Daddy. From your inability to sit down - always needing to be doing something - to your interests in rocks, hiking and tools. There is no denying you are your father's son!!! You beg almost daily to go outside so you can "seesaw", which to those of us who know you realize you are referring to using your daddy's saw to cut wood. I am so impressed by how well you can hammer nails with your daddy's hammer, and amazed by those occasions when you've accidentally hit your own hand and fought so hard to ignore the pain, not shedding even one tear. You're such a tough little guy, but you have such a compassionate heart. You are always looking out after those who are younger than you. What a special little boy you are and I thank God everyday that He trusted me to be your mom. I love you - Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!


No comments: