Monday, April 27, 2009

Preparing for Next Year

Now that this school year is only a few months shy of ending (we school through the summer), I am beginning my plans for next year. Once again, we will be changing curriculums. We used My Father's World this year, and even though we've enjoyed it, I just feel like we are lacking in places. So next year, I will take the advice of so many of my homeschooling friends and we will attempt Sonlight. Thanks to a dear friend who lent me her catalog (since mine seems to be lost in the mail system), I have been making my book lists and price-checking the various online stores to see where I can obtain everything for the cheapest. It's exciting, really! I think we are going to enjoy using Sonlight next year, and my biggest hope for this next year is that my boys will develop a new love for reading. Sonlight is centered on so much reading. I know they are going to either love it or hate it. Hopefully, they'll love it!

Another change I've made is to move their computer into our sunroom where we do all of our schooling. I find that I rarely let them do anything on the computer since it is way off in a back room. Now instead of being hidden off by themselves when they want to be on the computer, they can be in the center of all our activity. It will become a useful tool in our everyday homeschooling. And it even looks good in it's new home if I do say so myself!


No comments: