Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Informal Demonstration

I meant to post about Amy's actual Informal Demonstration soon after it occurred, but life has just been too busy. So here is the synopsis, over a week later...

The makeup session that I was so fearing went rather well. A good friend came over and gave me moral support, and with her daughter's help was able to demonstrate how easily those fake eyelashes could go on. Amy put up a little fight, but with the distraction of friends, the eyelashes were attached fairly painlessly. The overall experience was so much better than the night of the rehearsal. I was feeling much more relaxed about the evening. We even left on time and got there super early. Bill actually had time to take the boys to Burger King for dinner and pick up flowers for Amy before the performance even started.

I was still not feeling great, but went backstage with Amy since she insisted. It was chaotic back there, but at the same time it was fun to be behind the scenes. And when she performed, I was able to stand on stage just back behind the curtains, so I could see her from fairly close up. She did great, though I could tell she was a little nervous. And just before her tap routine in the second act, she rubbed her eye and knocked off an eyelash. I had a horrible time getting it back on and it ended up quite lopsided for the performance. But at least it was on!

We made it through the whole performance and from what I was told, everyone did fantastic. It was a fun experience for all, but quite draining. I look forward to the next one, thankfully a whole year away. ;)

Eating fruit snacks before the performance (and so kindly offering Mommy one)

All the little ballerinas playing Candyland between performances

After the performance, proudly showing off her flowers from Daddy and Granny and Paw-Paw


Cute close-up

2 comments:

Granny and PawPaw said...

Yes, just as we said before,
Amy, you looked beautiful, and danced so gracefully. Great Job!!!

Anonymous said...

she really looks cute in all the make up. we have to have a copy of that. dad