Friday, April 13, 2007

Another Birthday...

Yesterday I celebrated being another year older. 29 great years.... Okay. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Nah. I can admit - I am 32 and proud of it. And it was a good birthday, starting with all children - and mommy - waking in good moods and feeling pretty good, too.

We ate our breakfast, gathered library stuff, renewed online any books we wanted to keep, then headed for a quick trip to the library for fun new material, including season 1 of Murder She Wrote. We left the library to join my mom at Chick-fil-A for a wonderful lunch. Have I ever mentioned how much I love their chicken wraps? So good! The kids had a great time playing and weren't too happy when we had to leave, but sadly Alex still had school. So my mom went on her way and the kids and I rushed to Alex's school. We made it in plenty of time and I was even able to spend some time talking to his teacher about my plans to homeschool. She actually appears more supportive than I was previoulsy led to believe, which made me feel better.

After leaving Alex in his teachers' safe hands, Amy, Nathan and I made a quick stop at the grocery store. This was not an errand I had originally planned, but Nathan reminded me that he was out of orange juice and it would make him very happy if we would go buy him some more. So we did. And strawberries, and milk, and pretzels, etc. I can't ever to go the store and just buy what I went for!

We came home and I set to chores. I didn't have a lot I wanted to get done, but there were a few things that had become hard to live with since my being sick. Those things HAD to be dealt with. But I had a nice visit from my best friend, who brought me a loving gift and brightened my afternoon. Bill later brought me flowers home from work and he and the kids shared their sweet birthday present to me before we all went into the backyard to play and eat hot dogs. We later came in for my favorite dessert - ice cream. And if you haven't tried it, Dreyer's has a delicious light flavor I can't get enough of: French Silk. It is WONDERFUL!!!!

We later got the kids to bed, and then settled into our own comfy bed with mugs of hot decaf. coffee (sweetened with irish cream) and the pilot episode of Murder She Wrote. By 11pm, our show had ended and we'd each downed two cups of coffee. Our youngest was slumbering peacefully in her spot between us. It was the perfect ending to the perfect day!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful! Happy Birthday!!! :)

Crafty Mom said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like a good way to spend a birthday to me. I have found birthdays post-children seem to be more about how much they enjoy watching us celebrate. I love that they enjoy giving just as much as receiving!