Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter

I can't believe Easter has already come and gone. This Easter didn't go quite as we had planned (just another reminder that our plans aren't always Gods plans!). Friday night and Saturday morning Amy had over 100.5 fever, making the decision to take her to the annual family picnic on Saturday an easy one. Since I wasn't feeling well either, she and I stayed home while Bill and the boys went to the picnic. My Uncle had graciously offered to host the event at his home, which is located about 3 hours from us on a large piece of heavily wooded property, right alongside a lake. It was the perfect place for an Easter picnic! Of course, no one had counted on the winter-like temperatures, but they still managed to have the Easter egg hunt outside since no amount of cold was going to keep those kids inside! Thankfully, the predicted rain didn't arrive until everyone was leaving, so it all worked out beautifully. And Amy and I spent a relaxing day at home. We popped popcorn and watched Pollyanna together. Then later that night, we were greeted by two very excited little boys who were only too happy to share all about their fun-filled day!
My uncle's new log cabin he designed and finally finished building just in time for Easter!



Sunday morning the Easter Bunny had visited us and left baskets full of candy-filled plastic eggs and toys for the kids. The excitement compared only to Christmas morning as Alex and Nathan would squeal with delight at each item they pulled from their basket. Amy took a little longer to warm up to what was happening; but then again, it always takes her longer to wake up in the mornings. ;)
I was the only one to attend church that morning since Amy was still sick, so sadly I have no pictures of the kids in their new Easter attire. I suppose if I'd thought about it I would have dressed them up anyway and taken their picture, but I didn't. I'll just have to get a picture this Sunday when they finally do get to wear their new clothes. :)
After I got home we ate lunch then went to my parents for a relaxing afternoon at their house. The kids showed Granny and Paw-Paw the resurrection eggs. By this time, these fabulous eggs had already taught them enough for them to describe most of the Easter story by themselves. Later we let Alex and Nathan dye Easter eggs (notice how I waited until they could do it at someone else's house ;) ) . All were worn out by the time we got home that night and went happily to bed - especially me!

2 comments:

Crafty Mom said...

The day before Easter picnic sounds wonderful, and your uncle's place sounds like a dream come true for young kids. I know mine would love running all around by the lake. Don't feel bad about the Easter picture. It was only in the 30's here on Easter, so Katie's sleeveless white dress was out of the question, and so were Nick's springlike clothes. I figure we will take the picture another Sunday, or occasion when we dress up. Maybe a Mary Crowning or something a little later in the Spring.

Melissa said...

It's too bad the picnic didn't work out for all of you, but how awesome that your boys still got to have a great time with Daddy. And it sounds as though you and Amy got to have a special Mommy/Daughter day, too! I'm sorry to hear that you two aren't feeling well...hope you both get better soon!

P.S. LOVE your pictures. Your kids are SO CUTE! :)