Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Excitement Never Ends

I'm sure all of you mothers out there can agree that life with children is filled with excitement... Never a dull moment, you could say. Today is no different. Actually, this past week has been an adventure in sickness. Amy has been sick with fever since Tuesday. We're talking fever up to 103.6. She did have one day without fever, but she was throwing up on that day. Thankfully, we have an appointment with our pediatrician for Monday - an appointment I didn't feel would be necessary, but am now so glad he suggested I make it as a precaution. I have a feeling we'll be keeping it afterall!

To add to the excitement, Nathan decided to fall and hit his head on the tile this evening while I was upstairs getting their bath ready. He has a lovely purple bump on his forehead the size of a quarter. I panicked at first, thinking back on an all too familiar trip to the emergency room for a similar episode with this same child. But thank the Lord he appears to be okay and I think we've escaped the ER this time. Of course, even though bedtime has arrived, I don't want him sleeping just yet. So I made popcorn and all three kids are happily munching on sweet kettle corn and watching episodes of Andy Griffith. No one even seems remotely tired. I've promised the boys they can sleep in our room tonight, but only tonight. Hopefully, the remainder of the night will be less exciting. A mom can only handle so much.

1 comment:

Celeste Creates said...

Bless you, bless you, bless you, dearest friend. You are building strength.

I am thinking of you. Let me know if I can do anything.