Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Keep the Kleenex Coming

Every once in awhile, a movie comes along that no matter how many times you watch it, you are brought to tears upon every viewing. In fact, even the music from the movie makes you cry. I find this happens more with movies from my childhood, perhaps out of nostalgia. This morning, while parked on the couch with one sick child and while the other two were happily playing in the next room, I watched such a movie - one of my favorites. And as always, by the end my eyes were puffy and red and I was grasping for the Kleenex. It's possible that others would not be moved by this movie as much as I am, or maybe not at all. But let's just say that if it didn't sound so terrible with my last name, my daughter would be named Savannah. I love this movie. If you haven't seen Savannah Smiles, or even heard of it, you should try it. It's a tear-jerker, but it's so sweet and so heart-warming. I could never grow tired of it!

Disclaimer: Just so there are no surprises, this isn't necessarily a movie you would want to watch with younger children (unless they are sick ;) ) because there are a few instances of swearing and some mild violence, and I mean mild. But compared to most current movies, this one is quite refreshing.

2 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

OK. You've talked about it before and I need to borrow it!

Melissa said...

OH MY GOSH! I have NEVER known anyone else who has ever seen this movie! Tears sprang to my eyes just seeing this picture!

And you know what's funny? I have ALWAYS, during every single pregnancy, had the name Savannah at the very top of my girl's name list. Darren hates it though because of his association with the CITY Savannah. :(

I'm totally going to rent this again! Thank you!