Sunday, June 24, 2007

More Excitement

but this time it's the good kind (mostly).

Last night, I gave Amy some Tylenol for her fever. It dropped the fever fairly quickly, and the fever never came back. We got up this morning (after a somewhat difficult night - we're just not all used to sleeping in the same room!), and Amy was still feverless and in good spirits. Nathan's forehead was now only slightly bruised, not the least bit swolen. I was amazed. So when my mom called and said that my sister had invited us all over to swim for the afternoon, I thought why not? Okay. I did hesitate for a bit as I tried to determine what would be the responsible thing to do. But the boys were so tired of being trapped in the house and Amy was afterall without fever. She also doesn't like going in the water, so preventing her from swimming would not be a problem. So we went. Of course, we first stopped at Half Price Books so that I could spend a bunch of money on more books - can you ever have enough? And the rest of the day, we swam. My mom got to spend lots of time cuddling and playing with Amy, who was fine all day. And the rest of us got to enjoy the pool. What could be better on such a hot summer day?

There was one exciting moment that I could have done without, however. Alex gave us all a brief scare when he took off his floatie so he could see better (still not sure what he was trying to see) and accidentally roamed too far into the deep end. His feet suddenly wouldn't reach the ground and he began to panic and take in water. Thankfully, my mom had seen him take off his floatie and had just alerted me to watch him, so the moment he was in trouble I was able to pull him up and get him to the shallow end. He wasn't as fond of the big pool after that and spent the majority of the time in the hot tub.

Despite that frightening moment (and my really bad sunburn), all went great and after a long day of swimming, all of my precious children fell right to sleep on our way home. And now I get a moment of peace and quiet to myself - the first in a couple of days. It's going to be short, however, as I think I too am worn out. My bed has never looked so inviting. And I really should get some rest before I begin a new day. Afterall, who knows what sort of excitement is in store for us tomorrow!

1 comment:

Celeste Creates said...

I am so glad she is feeling better. Sounds like you had fun. What did you buy at Half Price books?????? No never can have enough.