Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Holiday Recap

Has it been a month since my last post? Okay, so the frequent December updates didn't happen. Surprise, surprise. I have to smile, though. I did have good intentions, but what was I thinking?!? I don't even blog regularly when life is at it's normal pace. We were going at rocket speed through December! So once again, I have to update all at once.

We did our schooling through December 16th and then took off until Monday, January 4th. Boy was it hard to get back into our lessons after that long break! Amy actually complained the most. She whined and used the word "boring" over and over again to describe how she felt about starting back to school, which is so silly since all she does is a few pages in one little workbook and then sits and listens to me read to her for about 10-15 minutes. And she always enjoys it! But in reality, she misses her brothers while they are doing schoolwork, and that is why she complained. In the end, we had a great week back and everyone adjusted quickly to our routine.

Here is a look at our holiday adventures...

A cold night with cousins at the Festival of Lights:




Making a gingerbread house:



Making Christmas sugar cookies:



Christmas Eve donuts!





Christmas Eve at Granny & Paw-Paw's:





Christmas morning - Santa had come!


I made no-sew fleece blankets for Shelby and each of the kids; they've all, even Shelby, been enjoying them!

New Year's Eve Celebration (the kids got to stay up until midnight, and then we all camped out in the den):





I know it's a little late in coming, but Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

No comments: