Monday, January 11, 2010

A Visit to the Dentist

Today I finally got around to taking the kids to a pediatric dentist. We had one I liked before we moved and since then, I've neglected to make an appointment with a new one. (Yes, I know that means they've gone too long between visits... I'm a bad, bad mom...)

I was SO pleased with this dentist today. The office had a waiting area for the kids, where the staff keeps an eye on them. The waiting area has toys and video games, which made my kids so happy. The staff was super sweet and wonderful with the kids. Alex was a little apprehensive about some of the procedures, especially when they were going to apply sealants to some of his teeth. But with some smooth talk and a little laughing gas, he was fine. :) It was a pleasant experience for all, though I did get the not so encouraging news - just as the previous dentist had informed me - that each of my kids will need braces. I guess we'd best start saving!

Now if I could just get around to finding me and Bill a new dentist...

No comments: