Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

This year we tried something new for Halloween. We took the kids to the Fall Festival at our church and they had a great time playing games and jumping on a moonwalk. They got quite a bit of candy and found some neat prizes hidden within a whole lot of hay, and they got their faces painted. Then we left there and headed to Granny and Paw-Paw's house for trick-or-treating fun. It was lots of fun, as usual, and now we have more candy than we know what to do with! The only disappointment to our evening was coming home to find that some mean person(s) had smashed the kids' pumpkins. I've had pumpkins taken from my porch and smashed before, but never my children's carved pumpkins. I am thankful the kids were asleep when we came home and have no idea what happened to their prized pumpkins. Bill put the pumpkin remains out for the trash. I'm not sure what we'll tell the boys. We should probably tell them the truth, but it might just be easier to tell them someone took them because they thought they were the cutest pumpkins ever.

I'll post pictures as soon as I can, but tonight, it's late and I have school planning to get to. I hope you all had a happy, happy Halloween!

No comments: