Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Paper Art

In our house, we go through lots and lots of paper. We let the kids use the paper from our computer, and it amazes me how soon I'm having to refill the printer paper because it disappears so fast. Our downstairs is cluttered with drawings and creations out of paper. And though I'm tired of the mess, I am certainly not tired of this amazing display of creativity.
Nathan's skills at drawing and cutting out have been improving quite a bit in recent weeks. He really watches Alex and has learned to make cuts in his drawings to allow for leg movement or for the mouth to open and close. His drawings are becoming more detailed and not just the same thing every time; he's actually creating things. This morning he made a dog with spots (similar to a dalmation) and attached a leash so he could walk it. It's so fun to watch children be creative! Alex is in the kitchen right now making a book about Winnie-the-Pooh. I hear him sounding out words as he attempts to add the story with his pictures. I can't wait to see the results!

He attached the black thing (see by the head) just before I took the picture. I asked him what it was and he informed me that it's dirt. Makes sense.

2 comments:

Crafty Mom said...

My kids love the computer paper too. I finally broke down and bought the mongo box at Sams, and store it in the basement filing cabinet. For the most part, it is various drawings and things cut out that want to get taped up around the house. Of course, with constant house showings, nothing is "supposed" to get taped up. But I did find a sign on Katie's door saying "Katie - yes, Nick - no" Can you feel the love?

Anonymous said...

don't tell me he named the dog shelva