Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Shopping

Typically, when I have to take all three of my children to the grocery store, it is a stressful, unpleasant experience. This is not because my children are bad kids; they are just kids being kids. They start out happy and good and then as time passes and they become tired, they start to act up and aggravate each other. That's when it becomes unpleasant for me. I'm sure many moms can relate to this. I try to go when I can take a maximum of one child with me, but sometimes a stop with all three becomes necessary. Today was one of those days. And considering we'd just come from playing at the park, I figured we'd definitely have some struggles at the store. But I was wrong. There were only a couple of difficult moments, but for the most part, all three of my kids were wonderful. And it wasn't just me that noticed. A super sweet man stopped me to tell me that my kids were the nicest he'd seen in a long time. He then handed me three dollars and said he wanted each of them to buy something they want. I was so proud. We all thanked him profusely, and then the kids joyfully made their selections from the small supply of toys and games there at Kroger. What a happy experience. I pray all outings with the kids could be just like this one!

2 comments:

Crafty Mom said...

Maybe I should have followed you to Kroger. I love shopping with both kids. They have always been fun to take along. The only part I don't like is getting them in and out of the car for multiple errands, but now that Katie is totally self-sufficient and Nicholas is getting there, it isn't quite as tiring.

Loved having you at the park, and plan on more early mornings!!

Sandra said...

I can so understand what you are writing in your post. But often iff you are prepared for the worst it`s just going well.