Thursday, May 21, 2009

Unplanned Haircut

Yesterday I gave the boys haircuts. And today, while I was talking on the phone with my mom, Nathan pretended to give Amy a haircut. And then, Amy gave herself a haircut.

Thankfully, it wasn't a lot. But the clump she cut off was from the front side of her hair, and when stretched out, it was about 5 inches worth. When she asked if I could put it back on again and I said no, she cried. I cried. We all cried. I am so sad. If her hair is anything like mine, this section of hair will not grow back as curly.

And did I mention that in just a couple of weeks she has her first ballet recital? I think I'm going to need a bit more gel and hairspray now.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hey, she's going to be a hairdresser. It looks like she tapered it really well. That is sad seeing those little curls laying there. I am glad you are saving them. Love you guys

Kris said...

OH NO!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it!! It will grow back, but what timing! I am crying with you.