Monday, September 18, 2006

Finally Finished!




I have been working on this quilt for such a long time now. It was my first big quilting project - I have since completed several smaller projects since beginning this one! I guess because I was a novice, I made mistake after mistake while piecing it and each time I'd make a mistake, I'd put it away for great lengths of time because I just didn't want to think about it anymore. Now that I've completed several smaller quilts, I felt comfortable enough to finish it, mistakes and all. And the funny thing is, in the end, all those imperfections seem miniscule now that the project is complete and it hangs on the beautiful quilt rack in my den... the quilt rack my husband so lovingly bought for me a couple years ago and hung it for me as a constant reminder that I needed to finish my quilt. It looks much better with something hanging on it. :)

2 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

Lovely!!!!

Melissa said...

So beautiful! Congratulations on a job well done. I wish I had some of that talent!