Sunday, November 04, 2007

A Hi-5 Party

Amy is still quite the Hi-5 fan, so of course what other party theme could we do for her second birthday celebration? Although, it wasn't an easy theme to go with. The only available Hi-5 party supplies have to be ordered from Australia, and I wasn't about to pay shipping from Australia! So we did our own thing. Bright colors of pink, purple, green, yellow and orange were the choice colors for our balloons. I used some sale item plates and napkins from the party store, and even though they didn't contain anything relating to Hi-5, the colors along with the flowers and butterflies really seemed to work well with the theme. We printed off the Hi-5 logo and had color copies made to display througout the house. And for the cake, I just made a giant Hi-5 logo, but instead of writing Hi-5, I put "Happy Birthday, Amy". And of course, we had the latest Hi-5 video playing on the T.V. inside and then Hi-5 music playing out on the back deck throughout the party. I don't know if Amy truly got that we were having a Hi-5 party, but it doesn't matter. She appeared to have a good time and that is all we could hope for!

I especially enjoyed the girliness of it all. I'm so used to the boys' superhero parties with boyish games and action figure type gifts. Not that those aren't fun, too, because they really are. But there is just something about a party with baby dolls, dress up clothes, and fancy tea sets. So, so fun! And Amy loved it, too. She proudly walked around wearing her costume jewelry, dress up shoes and new backpack.

The only disappointing thing that happened was we forgot to put out the gigantic 5 lb. container of potato salad I'd purchased just for the occasion. Thankfully, upon inspection of said potato salad, I discovered a use-by date that will allow me to save it for another birthday party we've got coming up. What a relief... Who can eat that much potato salad?!? But I can proudly state that for what I think is the first time ever, I managed to send home party favors with every child. And after only 2 hours of sleep, I'm amazed I actually remembered!

Here are some fun pictures from Amy's big day:






8 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

We had so much fun as usual! Happy Birthday little Amy! We love you! Thanks for including us.

Oh, the sidebar looks great!

Melissa said...

What a wonderful party! And such an absolutely precious birthday girl! How fast a year goes by!

Crafty Mom said...

You made a gorgeous cake and the cookies look delicious.

I cannot believe how big she has gotten. The curls and grin are adorable.

Happy Birthday Amy!

Unknown said...

We've got a Hi-5 fan and I opened my mouth without thinking when I told her she could have a Hi-5 birthday party. I'm now finding out what you already knew, there's nothing from the US. I'll show this to my wife and maybe she can get some ideas. Thanks for the post!

Mamato2 said...

Found your blog searching for Hi5 stuff. My soon to be 2yr old is CRAZY about them, too :)

Lisbeth Cabrera del Cid said...

Thanks for your post! I've been looking for some US Hi-Five stuff for my soon to be two year old....and found zip! Your post has given me great ideas :) Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

OMG what an adorable party and cake! My daughter will be 2 in August, and she LOVES hi-5, so I was wondering if you can tell me how you made that cake??

Anonymous said...

I just did a search for a "Hi-5 Party" and your blog came up! It's funny I am in Australia and last year had to order all my party supplies from the USA for my daughters Minnie Mouse party! Wish I had found this last year as maybe we could have come up with an exchange!!!! Also your party looked fab and my almost 2 y/o knew it was Hi-5 as soon as she seen it!!!

TC, Mum in Australia