Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'm "Por" Today

That's what my little Nathan has been happily reciting all day, because today, he turned four years old. I am still somewhat in disbelief that another year has passed since he turned three. He still seems like my little three year old. Sure, he's doing much more now - writing letters, drawing people with actual features as opposed to just circles, and actually cutting along the lines with his scissors. But still, he can't really be four today, can he? When I hear him talk, he still pronounces things, such as "por", in a way that makes him seem younger than he is. And there is still a hint of that baby face I remember so well.
But the truth is, today my littlest boy turned four. And his daddy and I are so very proud of him. He is exactly like Bill, from his love of coins and rocks, to his daredevil antics. He wants to do everything he sees his daddy do. And even though I may find it hard to believe he is already four, he is constantly trying to be a grown up. He's asked Santa Clause for a real lawnmower... I think he may have to wait awhile on that one. :) Of course, no matter how old he gets, he'll still be my baby boy.

Nathan Wayne O'Hara, approx. 8 months old



Happy Birthday, Nathan!!!



Nathan and Alex with their cousin, Caden, at Nathan's party on Saturday.



Nathan with his Superman birthday cake at his party.


Nathan and Bill at the park today.


Alex and Amy chasing ducks at the park today.

Posing with Coach Cameron at karate today

The birthday boy, "throwing" Coach Cameron at karate today.

Our little 4 year old, on his way to his birthday dinner after a very full day

2 comments:

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Look at those gorgeous, captivating eyes in the first picture! Happy Birthday, Nathan! Ella's right behind you, turing 4 on the 3rd of December. I cannot believe how quickly time has passed.

Isn't it great to be 4?

;) Cheers-

Crafty Mom said...

Robin... Where are you?????