Saturday, August 09, 2008

Amy's Ballet

In a couple of weeks, Amy will begin her first ballet class. I don't know who is more excited - me or her! She loves to dance and I was so proud of her at her audition. I didn't know what to expect. Would she even step into the room with all of those strangers, without me? Would she actually attempt the steps being shown to her or just sit shyly in a corner? Would she start crying because I wasn't there? Those were my fears, and none of them came true. She tried everything and even when it was a teacher and just her and one other girl, with the other approx. 20 girls and teachers onlooking, she did her best to mimic the dance moves of her instructor. You could see the bright, anxious look in her eyes, the happy smile on her face - she was loving it! I hope to see that look for many years to come as she continues on this new journey.

1 comment:

Kris said...

How cute is she??

I am so glad she had fun! You'll have to let me know when her class is.

Classes start next week, I can't believe it!