Friday, August 01, 2008

Carpet Woes

Our old house had dark green carpet. When it was freshly vacuumed, I thought it was rather pretty, as long as you ignored my blue couch and loveseat (bit of a color clash). Of course, the carpet needed to be vacuumed at least once a day to look okay (more when we were trying to sell the house) because every string, piece of lint, or white dog hair stuck out like a sore thumb. Bill didn't like it because he thought it made our house look dark.

Fast forward to the new house. Light beige carpet. Bright, cheery? Most definitely. Hides the white dog hair and pieces of lint, etc? For the most part, yes. Crayola marks? Shows every one.

Yes, I did say crayola marks. I never realized that drawings left lying around could result in colorful crayon smearings on the carpet. The cluttering of little drawings and cutouts is not greater in this house than the old one, but you couldn't see what was happening on the old carpet. Argh! And here I was just worried about dog messes and other mishaps staining this light colored carpet. I never imagined this crayon problem.

Thank goodness for this stuff. It's not just for pet stains. Works like a charm!

1 comment:

Mom of boys said...

How I understand! I am so thrilled that our beige carpet is gone in the family room!

Oh, and I LOVE your opening blog song! My favorite Chapman! I find myself sticking around long enough to listen to the entire thing! :) Okay, enough exclamation points...