Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Garden Growing

We have all been so amazed as we've watched our garden growing. This being our first garden, I thought it would take a long time before we saw anything appearing, but I am happy to be wrong. Of course, to the kids it's not happening quickly enough. Alex keeps asking when he gets to eat his corn and Nathan has asked several times if he can eat his strawberries, though he's not too far off from getting his wish! There were already strawberries sprouting when we bought the plant and though they aren't very big, they are already turning a lovely shade of red.
The tomato plants are much bigger than when we planted them and we noticed a few tomatoes appearing the last time we looked...
Our green beans, carrots and corn, all look healthy despite being drowned in water only days after planting. Though the soil is damp beneath, the flooding of the garden box left the top soil looking dry and cracked.




And Nathan's strawberries, so small and cute, are ripening already!


It's all so fun and exciting - I can't wait until everything is ready to be harvested! It's been fun watching others success as well, and it's already got me thinking about what all I'd like to plant next year. We may need a bigger garden!






2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! It all looks so awesome! I think you guys did a great job. I love Nathan's little strawberries! They are so cute. I can't wait to see some on our own plants! I hope you'll continue to post progress reports!

Celeste Creates said...

Looking great! I'm hoping to plant in my revamped veggie bed this weekend.