Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Once a Month Post

That's about all I've managed lately! I would really like to post at least 3 times a week, but it just seems that I can barely get one a month out. But in my defense, my family has been fighting one sickness after another since the beginning of February. For most of the month, everyone had the cold that wouldn't give up. Alex and Nathan's coughs had reached a point where they were waking several times a night, and Amy was also waking more frequently. I was so tired and was so glad when we finally started to see the symptoms going away... And then the stomach bug hit. Amy started it and 2 days later Nathan had it, followed by Alex in the next 2 days. So at one point, all three were sick with the stomach virus. It was horrible! But thankfully Bill and I never got it, other than a brief day where my stomach was a bit unsettled, but nothing more. And I blame that on just having to deal with everyone else's stomach troubles! And God graciously allowed everyone to be well just in time for Bill's business trip last week, so I was very thankful for that.

Now that we've all been well, we have been basking in the glorious weather outside. We spent all last Saturday working in the yard, cleaning up the flowerbeds. Normally, I consider this to be a big chore, and not very much fun. But I really enjoyed it. Maybe it was because we'd been stuck indoors for so long and I just loved the freedom of being outside, or perhaps it was just how easily the yard cleaned up this year. The weeds were the kind that are easier to pull, and the flowers and shrubs held up much better this winter than they have in the past. Plus, I had three little helpers this year. I enjoyed the yard "work", and especially the follow-up dinner at our favorite mexican restaurant and movie night at home (we rented Curious George, now a new favorite of Alex and Nathan). Since Saturday, we have spent a little time outside every day and it's been wonderful!

As usual, I don't have time to post any pictures, but I'm going to try and post some in the next few days. I just wanted to let everyone know that yes, we are still here and finally doing well. :)

No comments: