Tuesday, July 24, 2007

How Clean is Your Spider?

He's dead, but clean.

Yesterday, while starting a washer load of rag towels (those I use for cleaning purposes), I noticed just as I'd tossed a couple towels into the washer, something dark move within the towels. I quickly looked into the washer and caught a glimpse of a large spider attempting to climb up the side of the washer, only to slowly fall back into the water. I tried to get him out, but was unsuccessful. So, he got washed along with my towels. I ran a second rinse in the hope that I could rinse him away and never have to see him again. But my fear of spiders, even dead ones, caused me to leave this load of towels in the wash overnight. Today, after overcoming an inner struggle, I bravely went through the washer of towels, one towel at a time, slowly checking every inch of each towel, until finally I found his remains at the bottom of the washer and was able to dispose of him properly. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Sometimes laundry can be terrifying, but this experience took it to a whole new level!

2 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

ew. ew. ew.

that's enough to make me feel even sicker.


love from
your sick best friend

Crafty Mom said...

I agree with Celeste! Yuck.

But I must say, I don't even think I would have tried to get him out ahead of time. I would have just hoped that he would disappear when I ran the load.

congrats on the new blog!