Friday, July 20, 2007

Just Anxious, or Slightly Fanatical?

That's the question one has to ask as they sit at their computer typing away at 11:30 at night, having sent their husband to the nearest Walmart to purchase the final Harry Potter book, available at the stroke of midnight. And of course, I'll have my coffee brewed by the time he gets home so I can sit up all night, enjoying the quiet as I read. I'm really not a fanatic. But I really do love the Harry Potter books. I'm not going to defend my love for these books here, though please don't think I haven't considered the points brought up by many Christians who are against these fantasy books. There are some good arguments against them, no doubt, but none I can fully agree with. I enjoy the books as the fantasy books that they are. And I know I will enjoy every minute of this last book - assuming I can stay awake all night to read it... and I'm willing to bet I can!

2 comments:

Crafty Mom said...

YAY Robin!! I am right there with you. I too have read many arguments against the books but I love them for the pure enjoyment of a good FICTIONAL read.

As my husband and I were up until 2:30 in the morning, and he had already promised to go in the morning to get me the last book, I looked at him sweetly and said,"Are you sure you don't just want to go get it now?" I never really did get an answer to that. But I do have the book, and am lovingly on my way upstairs to try to finish reading #5, so I can get to #7. #6 is with my mother in Chicago.

We will have to have a good blogging discussion about the results some time.

HAPPY READING!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, I am so jealous! I STILL do not have the book, NOR, might I mention, have I seen the latest movie! ;)

Have you finished it yet?! Was it amazing?!