Wednesday, July 11, 2007

We're Still Here

It's been awhile so I thought I'd post real quick just to say that we have not fallen off the face of the Earth. For the past several weeks, we have been battling illness. Amy was sick for almost a week - she caught it at VBS - and then Bill went on a week long backpacking trip in New Mexico with my brother (a post for later), at which time I came down with Amy's bug and was sick for a week. Then my first day well, Nathan became ill and we had to go through it for another week. I also have very sensitive eyes and wound up with, I assume, eye infections. I've had problems with both of my eyes since being sick and am having a real problem with light sensitivity. This is one of the big reasons for my not blogging. It's very hard to type an entry on the computer when you can't open your eyes to look at the screen. :) But today things are a little better; I'm actually able to look at the computer without wincing... not much, anyway. And all kids and parents appear to be well. I hope this means we are over this last bug and can continue with our summer activities. It's been somewhat depressing being stuck inside all this time, excluding the brave attempts to run necessary errands. Thank God I didn't run into anyone out on the roads, though I did look silly wearing two pairs of sunglasses, one hand cupped around my eyes to shield them as much as possible, and at the same time fighting to keep my eyes open despite all of these measures. Probably shouldn't have been driving...

But there are many changes happening to my home (interior painting, new appliances, etc. - another future post), so being stuck inside isn't necessarily all that bad. Today is a busy day, but I will try and post soon about all we've been up to the past few weeks - besides being sick.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! I was certainly starting to wonder...what a rough time you've been through! I'm so glad to hear that you seem to be better. Hope it stays that way!

Celeste Creates said...

I can't wait to see all your posts and to see you in person. Hard to believe that even though you live across the street, we've barely seen each other for WEEKS!

Celeste Creates said...

P.S. I know what you need to do!!!! A paint color blog pole!!!!

mom-in-training said...

How do you even do that? I guess just through comments. Hmmm... Would Bill go for others suggestions? I guess anything is possible! I should try it. Of course, I need to clear a few things before taking pictures so people can really see what they are suggesting colors for! :)

Crafty Mom said...

I've been there last winter. Nicholas with a zillion ear infections. i thought if I didn't see another human being besides my kids and husband, I might go crazy soon.

Plus all the worry about the kiddos, can make you feel just plain yucky!

Hope everything gets back to normal soon for you.