Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Awesome Cookies!

Thanks so much Melissa for that wonderful recipe for chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. I went out today and got what I needed to make them and I have the second batch baking in the oven as I type. I of course sampled the dough before baking and new they were going to be delicious. And obviously I had to try one right out of the oven because that's the best time to eat them. :) They are amazing!!! Thank you so much!!! For anyone interested, here's the recipe:

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies

Beat together 1/2 c. butter Crisco and 3/4 c. brown sugar. Then add 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, and 1 c. canned pumpkin; beat well.

Mix together 2 c. flour, 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. baking soda, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Add to pumpkin mixture and stir until well blended, then mix in 1 c. chocolate chips (I always add a little extra!)

Bake at 375 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad you like them. I like to double the recipe because they never last long around here!

Anonymous said...

Nope, they don't!