Wednesday, October 11, 2006

She Did It!

Amy took her first steps!!! We knew she was getting close. Amy has been standing for a long time now and she's even been "cruising" for several weeks. We've tried to get her to walk to us but she would always get excited and fall. Tonight she walked to her daddy, though. I was actually teaching at church and missed her first steps. As disappointed as I was to have missed this wonderful event, I'm thrilled that she did it for her daddy. He missed seing Alex's first steps; I don't think he saw Nathan's first steps either, though he did at least get to see him do it again that same afternoon. Similarly, Amy's first walking experience wasn't just a one time thing. When I got home, she walked again and again and again. I think she loves her new found ability. Every chance she got she'd stand and take a few steps. We're so proud of her!





3 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

Way to go, Amy! I knew she could do it - she has the legs! he he he I love the photos! She looks so incredibly pleased with herself. Can't wait to see her trotting down the sidewalk after her brothers.

Renee said...

WAY TO GO AMY!

Melissa said...

Yeah!!! How exciting!