Monday, October 30, 2006

Fall Fun

The Pumpkin Patch

Typical for this time of year, we visited the pumpkin patch at a local church. It's always so much fun; the kids get such a kick out of walking through the patch and picking out their own pumpkins.






Carving the Pumpkins

Sunday night we got to enjoy the other annual tradition of carving the pumpkins. We let the boys draw the face on their pumpkins and then Bill cut the top off and all three got to have fun cleaning them out; I had to keep my hands clean for taking pictures. :) I did get my chance to get messy when they finished, though. I got the duty of picking out the seeds from all the goop and washing them. I did this while Bill carved out the faces the boys had drawn. Then while the seasoned pumpkin seeds were baking in the oven, we put tea lights in the bottom of their pumpkins, took them outside, and lit them. The boys were so proud. They did such an amazing job. And thank you Daddy for doing all that tedious carving! Good job everybody!!!




Staying up late in our pajamas, watching television and eating roasted pumpkin seeds - what could be more fun?

2 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

Love all the pictures and they turned out great! They are quite the pumpkin artists.

Melissa said...

I LOVE all your pictures! What fun!