Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Amy's Party

Last Saturday we had Amy's first birthday party at home with family and friends. Since she's too young to tell me what theme to do her party in, I went as girly as I could and did flowers and butterflies. I found really cute first birthday party supplies that fit the theme perfectly; I had so much fun making decorations and decorating the cake to match!




We bought the Giant Sub (6 feet of sandwich!!!) from Subway. When Bill brought it home, having had to put the seat down in our Explorer to make it fit, we thought we'd be eating Subway for a week! But suprisingly, there was little left when the party was over.

Amy wouldn't wear her party hat - it was much more fun to eat it. :) But Alex and Nathan proudly wore their pink "1st Birthday Girl" party hats (Bill just loved that).

When it came time to do the cake, Amy had the help of her brothers to blow out the candle.

She was somewhat apprehensive when it came to her cake. She barely picked at the icing and I had to put her fingers into her mouth to show her how yummy that colorful goo on her fingers really was. Once she got the hang of it, she sat there and dipped her fingers into the icing and happily licked for awhile. But it was also nap time, so she was tired and didn't get into the cake all that much. In the end, I think she pushed most of her piece onto the floor for the dog - who greatly appreciated it! At least Amy (and Shelby) left little mess to clean up!

It was a fun day for all of us - tiring, but fun. After all our guests had left, I only half cleaned up. I was much more interested in relaxing on the couch with a nice cup of coffee. Nathan's 3rd birthday is coming, so there will be more party fun in the very near future!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Her cake looks awesome. I don't know how you did it. Did you make the shirt she is wearing too?? It looks like she had a great day!!

Celeste Creates said...

Absolutely adorable and precious - the decorations, cake and the birthday girl!

You did another super job! We hated to miss it.

mom-in-training said...

I cannot take credit for the shirt. The pattern was called something like "Hugs and Stitches" and you could buy all sorts of things in it (including scrapbook pages! I didn't order those though... :( ). Amy even used a matching bib and sippy cup during her party, though the sippy cup wasn't really worth the money. If she even tipped it sideways, her drink would just pour out. Anyway, it was a really fun birthday pattern; I was so glad to find it!