Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Baby Race

I have to share about this cute conversation with Alex. This afternoon as I was unloading the dishwasher and Alex was sitting at the table happily eating his Pedialyte popsicle, he began talking to me about being sick. He told me that when people are sick they go to the hospital and then they have a baby and feel better. I quickly explained to him that just because you are sick does not mean that you are going to have a baby. Somehow, that took our conversation to babies and Alex began talking about who would have the most babies. I wasn't sure what he was getting at. I asked him who was going to have the most babies and he said maybe my brother's family (watch out Cheryl ;) ) or perhaps us (*ha!*). I told him we weren't having anymore babies and he told me that he wants to have another baby. When I asked him why, he said because when Andrew got bigger, Jacob and Nicole got another baby. And then he said something about later they will have more babies and they are going to beat us. Funny. I didn't realize it was a race... :)

1 comment:

Celeste Creates said...

Wow! He hasn't given up that idea since that dinner at Gringo's. That is too funny. It all makes sense though. I am winning currently but you never know what god has planned! hehehehehehe