Monday, May 21, 2007

First Haircut

I have to admire anyone who gives haircuts to their own children. I have attempted it with my boys, only to spend at least 30 stressful minutes, trying to get them to sit still and let me continue over and over again to fix little slip ups, either my fault or the result of a sudden head movement. But this morning, I gave Amy her first cut. Of course, it wasn't a true haircut as it was only her bangs. But it was still a scary feat for me and I am happy to say that I didn't mess up her hair too much. :)

3 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

It turned out great! Oooops, except for that huge bald spot on the left. Hahaha!

mom-in-training said...

Mean, mean, mean!!! ;)

Melissa said...

She looks beautiful! You did a great job, Mama!

I can relate well, though, to that feeling of fear! I've trimmed Meghan's hair a few times now and each time is such a nerve-wracking experience! Her bangs grow so fast that it's never long before they're down in her eyes again, but every time I trim them up, I feel like I have to snip a little off over her ears, too, to even things out. The only problem is, is that Darren and I love the curls in back so much that I don't want to touch those...and they are getting longer and longer! I told Darren the other day, in all seriousness, "Um, honey? I'm worried Meghan is going to end up with a mullet!"