Saturday, May 19, 2007

Campout Pictures and More

All campers were up by 7:15 this morning. I awoke at 6:30 and thought I heard them already downstairs, so I quickly dressed and hurried down, expecting to find a bunch of hungry people. But all was quiet and there was still no sign of life from out in the tent. It turns out, Bill did bring Nathan in briefly around 6am for a morning visit to the bathroom, and after that most of them were up. But they hung out for awhile in the tent, listening to birds and other sounds of nature, as well as a few, if not many, manmade noises. When they all came in, I knew they were anxious to eat and the quickest thing I had besides cereal was frozen pancakes. No one complained at the notion of this simple breakfast, so I went ahead with it. Then I discovered that we were low on syrup. Alex and Nathan eat waffles almost every morning and Amy does eat pancakes every morning, so we go through syrup quickly around here. I just didn't realize how low it had become! But everyone used it sparingly and we survived. I think to the adults, it was enough that there was fresh coffee. That's all we really need first thing in the morning, anyway, right?

The kids played for awhile after breakfast and then Celeste and Michael came down to visit, too. What a fun morning! I definitely think this will have to happen again in the near future, or at least when we have another pleasant evening (though that may not happen again until October!).

Needless to say, all the kids were tired this morning. I can't speak for Celeste's crew, but I can honestly say that my little ones have been anything but chipper today. Bill's company picnic was today, as well, so our family spent several hours outside again this afternoon. The kids had another fantastic time; they even got their face painted. Or at least, the boys did. Amy would never let a stranger get close enough to paint her face! But we've been fighting to keep the kids awake all afternoon. Aside from a couple small catnaps in the car, we've succeeded. So hopefully all will go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight and be refreshed and ready for church tomorrow morning. Or at least, we can only hope! ;)

Check out all the fun pictures!

Brian and Andrew

Andrew - How sweet is he!

The kids playing a game together

Brian reading to all

Alex, totally out!

A pirate and a tiger - very cute, but a lot of paint!

1 comment:

Crafty Mom said...

How cute are they!! I cannot believe that Andrew even slept out there. And how lucky you girls were to sleep indoors with your babies. I am definately a city girl. I have firmly said, that in no way, no how am I ever sleeping outdoors. The idea is very glamorous, but I am not bug friendly. I would think something was crawling on me every few seconds and never rest.