Thursday, August 02, 2007

Enjoyment is...

experiencing hugs and squeals of delight when you answer yes to your children's after dinner request for dessert (popsicles or ice cream, their choice).

listening to your oldest son's animated description of the "book" he made all about Batman.

swapping baby girl's bedtime routine for boys' routine with husband and getting to hear the Batman story one more time before kissing those sweet, energetic boys good night.

almost suffocating from the close, tight hugs delivered by one very awake little girl, who is up way past her bedtime.

taking a quiet, hot shower while dear husband continues in his attempt to get baby girl to fall asleep.

having damp head of hair caressed after rejoining husband and one very awake little girl in bed(note to self: baby girl gives a great head massage).

relaxing in a finally quiet house at almost 11pm and thinking about my day with those precious little blessings, each dreaming happily upstairs.

Enjoyment is what I receive everyday when I take the time to experience God's love through Alex, Nathan and Amy.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That was BEAUTIFUL. What a blessed life!

Celeste Creates said...

I am going to cry dear one! I know how precious those children are. You have given me cause to pause and refocus today. I love you!