Friday, August 31, 2007

The Movie that Beats Even Chocolate Chip Pancakes

As you may know from my previous posts, on Friday Family Fun Nights we always sit in our den and eat dinner at our coffee table while watching a video... Sometimes we watch a short children's video, sometimes we attempt a fun Disney movie, we've even watched episodes of Andy Griffith. No matter what we watch, if we're eating chocolate chip pancakes, our kids are more focused on their pancakes than what is on television. Bill and I are always amazed by how many fairly large pancakes such young children can stuff into their small tummies. Tonight, however, we chose a movie that had them so mesmerized, it literally took the entire movie for Alex and Nathan to finish 2 pancakes (Amy did manage her 4 pancakes quite easily, though). For the first time with our kids, we watched The Wizard of Oz. What a classic! I love this movie and have been anxious to watch it with my kids. I've always been afraid that it would scare them, especially the scenes with the wicked witch and the flying monkeys. We took a chance tonight and let them watch it and they so enjoyed it! Nathan was a little afraid at times and would sit close to me or Bill, but his eyes did not leave the screen. Alex was especially excited by the talking scarecrow, tinman and lion; it was so cute to see him get into the movie. I have a feeling this is going to be a requested movie from now on!

4 comments:

Mom of boys said...

How funny! We almost rented this movie for tonight as well, but instead ended up having a Lego night.

Crafty Mom said...

Okay, my kids still haven't seen it. We tried last summer with Katie, making it a special night and everything, and as soon as the wicked witch came to Munchkin land in the first 20 minutes or so, she asked to turn it off.

I think I would have weeks of nightmares from her at this point, so in the meantime, she remains clueless about the movie.

Glad your kids are fearless. And 4??? pancakes??? REALLY!!!????

Celeste Creates said...

Yeah! I love that movie. It has been a while since Jacob and Nicole have seen it. Kind of ties in with your storm theme this week too! :))

Melissa said...

How fun! My kids have never seen Wizard of Oz because I remember being scared of the witch and flying monkeys! But hmmm...we just may have to give it a try!

P.S. We're actually having chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast this morning...yum! My favorite! :)