Friday, August 03, 2007

What a Gem!


Growing up, my family would often rent Disney movies for us to all watch together. I loved everything I ever saw and was somewhat disappointed when it seemed we'd finally viewed all of the Disney movies from our local video store. Of course, over time I've realized they only carried a small portion of the many Disney movies made. And here I thought I'd seen them all!


Today I found one at our local library that I'd never seen. I checked it out thinking it would be good for the whole family to watch together on our family fun night. Well, shortly into the film Bill and I both noticed that it was not holding our children's attention, possibly because the strong Scottish accents were hard to decipher, and the seriousness of the movie wasn't enough to keep them captivated. So we opted for the Winnie-the-Pooh DVD I'd checked out instead, and it received a much better response. But once all were in bed, Bill and I popped that little Disney classic back in the player and were mesmerized by this truly lovely, make-you-cry story. It's based on a true story and if ever I get to Edinburgh, Scotland (hey, it could happen), I will absolutely have to check out this beautiful monument to this amazing dog. If you haven't seen Disney's Greyfriars Bobby, you really need to!

1 comment:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

I have been there and seen the monument. It is very sweet. You can also visit the cemetery and see the grave too. Thanks for the info. on the movie! Will have to track that down.