Thursday, August 23, 2007

THSC Conference

Celeste asked me to post my experience with the THSC homeschool conference. I could keep it short and sweet and just say incredible! But I can't ever keep anything short, so here are all the details. Yes, my crazy family followed those nutty people from across the street all the way to the conference. :) And it was a good thing we were following because my family is notorious for getting lost - at least when I'm navigating. And after dropping us off, poor Bill had to rely on Brian's leadership because I left him with no information whatsoever; I hadn't printed off maps, information on the hotel, or even anything about the conference to leave him with. Talk about unprepared! But the guys found where to park our vans and then did a superb job entertaining the kids while Celeste and I heard a wonderful talk and enjoyed shopping the many vendors at the conference. The whole day was so much fun and the kids, who I think were really worn out, gave me no trouble whatsoever when bedtime came. I will say that there was a bit of disappointment that Celeste did not mention in her post. Amy woke up sick on Saturday morning and our two families had to go their separate ways without getting to enjoy another day together at the conference. The kids were a little confused when we told them that we would have to leave the door to our adjoining hotel rooms closed and even more disappointed when we told them we would not be spending the day with our friends. But Bill and I were still able to salvage more shopping (each going separately while the other stayed in the room with the kiddos) before leaving the conference all-together. I also got to run into that before mentioned bookstore and we had a nice lunch before heading back home. Even with Amy getting sick, it was still such a fun trip and I cannot wait to do it again next year!!!

Here are some of the great items we purchased at the conference: I completed my collection of the Little House books, found Madeline for our Five in a Row work this year, bought several Look Inside Machine and science factory books, picked up a fun Usborne puzzle book and a new game and I bought a few miscellaneous items from the Miller Pads and Paper vendor. There may even be a few more items but I can't recall right now! Homeschool shopping is so much fun!!!

No comments: