Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What Music Energizes You?

We will be starting our kindergarten lessons next week. I'm both excited and scared out of my mind. But I think it will go well and after a summer of dreading this moment, I think I'm actually looking forward to it. One of the things I'm considering doing to get us started in the morning is a quick little exercise session. You know... simple little exercises like jumping jacks and toe touches - that stuff we did when we were young. Did I just say that? I meant younger. :) I only want to do about 10 minutes or so of it, just to wake us up and get us going. So... Here's where I need your help. We need some fun music to motivate us. We have the Hi-5 CD that no doubt will be fun to use. But since we'll be doing this daily for the duration of our homeschooling (unless none of us like it or we tire of it), I want a little variation. Any suggestions?!?

1 comment:

Crafty Mom said...

I like your idea of energizing in the morning. Just remember if you rev them too much it will be hard to settle them down, and you will most likely need to do something like that later in the day as well to refocus the little people. Just thoughts from my teaching years in special ed.

Some fave dancing music for us is the wiggles, some kids dance songs cd my mom got Katie, the nutcracker and other classical music for gentle dancing, and lately high school musical 1 and 2. Since Amy is too young to thrust you into this world yet, you may want to hold off on that one.

Dance music works well for all types of warm-up exercises.