Thursday, September 06, 2007

Has it been Two Weeks Already?

I can't believe we've been homeschooling for almost two weeks now. Today was a very busy day - we finished all of our lessons, attended speech therapy and art class, I did two loads of laundry, mopped and vacuumed the downstairs, and picked up all of the toys and various papers that have been cluttering our living space (have I ever shared with you just how much Alex likes to draw and cut out???). Last night we had Mission Friends and everyone got to bed a little late as a result. And of course, that means more fussing and fighting among siblings througout the day. But I think some of that is really just their needing time to adjust. Each week, our schedule changes as new activities start up and we continue to figure out how best to work our school schedule. I'll be glad when it all settles down into routine.

After two weeks - even though we are certainly busy all of the time - I can honestly say I love it! I don't have everything exactly as I want it just yet, however. I think our current schedule is working just fine and we are getting through all of our lessons, but I definitely want to make it more fun if I can. I have read a lot from other blogger friends about the Charlotte Mason method discussed in Elizabeth Foss' book Real Learning... I have not read this book yet, but have heard such great things and feel the methods described in the book would benefit any homeschooling family. I'm going to read it first chance I get (can I borrow it, Celeste? :) ). I've seen wonderful examples set by friends and can't wait to see how we might be able to implement some of the ideas into our own daily routine!

1 comment:

Celeste Creates said...

My book is your book, dear friend!