Friday, September 07, 2007

Welcome Home!

All this week Alex has been a little off, and I've thought it most likely because of all the medicine I have been giving him for his cold-like symptoms. And though I'm sure that was part of it, there is no doubt in my mind that a big part of his solemn mood was because he missed his daddy, who has been out of town all week. My proof is the complete change in Alex's demeanor since coming home from co-op this afternoon and finding Daddy already home. All three kids were so excited to see their daddy, but I've noticed the biggest excitement from Alex. And of course, Daddy made it even better by spending the whole afternoon with his kiddos, and letting his very tired wife have an afternoon to run errands with NO tagalongs! Then HE cooked dinner (grilled the burgers) and HE gave them their baths. He built a fire out on the deck and let them make smores. And now - the big finale - he is in the den with all three kids in sleeping bags under an indoor tent. I've been told to go up ALONE for a quiet shower and perhaps a little tv time, or whatever I choose to do with my time. I am so fortunte to have such a thoughtful husband! And he's done all this in full knowledge that tomorrow morning he will be watching all of them once again while I go to a used book sale with Celeste. Again - what a lucky woman I am!!! Thank you, Sweetheart - you are the BEST!!!!

Check out the fun in pictures:





2 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

He is a great husband! I had fun at the booksale!

Melissa said...

WOW!!! What a guy! :)

How exciting for your kids to have such a special time with their Daddy once he was finally home. It sounds (and looks!) like so much fun!

And...I'm sorry...but did you say booksale?! I'd love to hear more about that!